Always ask a expert on the information provided in this blog.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Treats

Basic bones that can be given to your dog.

Dog treats are very important to both a owner and trainer. A treat can be considered a bone to a piece of chicken. I recommend a treat that is nice and healthy such as a piece of chicken. Try to say away from beef and pork and go for the more lean meats. Also watch out for your dog's age and if your dog has any allergies.

Treats that are often used as Training Treats

Treats come in a ll shapes and sizes and some treats are specific to the size of the dog. An example I feed my larger dog medium size bone and my quarter size bones to my small dog. I also recommend controlling how many treats you give your dog in a day as well as look at the calories on the back of the bag to ensure the treat sticks the the dog's diet. Every dog has a specific amount of calories they must eat, and it all depends of the breed and size of the animal. I f you are curious about how many calories your dog should it you should check out the weight of your dog as well as the breed. I then recommend
googling it. Just remember your dog does not care what size the treat is that you are feeding it for doing a good job it just care that you are feed it a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment